New Build Site Manager
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a Site Manager with a background in delivering new build residential schemes; able to work with programmes and successfully lead a site team to deliver an exceptional quality product, whilst overseeing subcontractors along with health and safety on the project. Ability to work well under pressure whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
Experience working for a residential developer on new build projects and experience working with LABC/NHBC provider is preferred.
- Managing the day to day operation from foundation to completion and the critical paths for labour, materials and plant, including material lead times
- Providing clear direction to the on-site construction team regarding responsibilities and targets
- Ensuring the development is completed in accordance with building control specification and the build programme - drive through quality at every stage of the construction process
- Ensure the development passes internal and external inspection processes
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Liaison with procurement, design, technical and project teams to ensure efficient production
- Supervising the work of staff
- Providing accurate and regular reports on progress and dates.
- Ensuring Health & Safety requirements are fulfilled
We also look for additional, attributes such as:
- CSCS Managers Card
- Strong leadership skills; be able to drive change and process improvements
- First Aid at Work
- Excellent communication skills; listening and interfacing skills with senior management and the ability to provide guidance and mentoring
- Demonstrated project management experience and successful project deliveries
- Computer literacy
- Driving Licence
Experience within the construction industry, People Person, Superior Organisational Skills, Good Business Instincts, Understanding of manufacturing processes, Strategic Planning Abilities.
Oversee the full development planning process, managing appeals and submitting planning applications for the region.
Preparation of planning strategies – working closely with all in-house and external stakeholders in a professional manner ensuring clear and transparent timescales, actions and outcomes.
Offer support advice and guidance to other departments surrounding planning issues during due diligence stages.
Negotiation of section 106 agreements and other legal aspects.
Management of in-house planning team.
- Industry Relevant Planning Degree.
- MRTPI Accreditation.
Proven track record of delivering successful planning applications and appeals for major housing developments.
Preferably 10+ years post qualification experience in a development company, local authority or planning consultancy role.
Sound knowledge of the UK planning system for both promotion and current land opportunities.
How to Apply
For all enquiries please email email@example.com or send a CV and letter to Helen Hick, HR Department, Larkfleet Group, Larkfleet House, Falcon Way, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10 0FF. No agencies.
Closing date for applications is 2nd October 2020.