The Larkfleet Group are looking to recruit a Planning Graduate/Assistant for the Land and Planning Department at our Bourne Office.
The role in brief:
- The work will involve working closely with colleagues in the Planning, Land, Architectural and Technical Teams in working on and identifying residential development sites.
- Carrying out district wide policy assessments for potential sites, which will mean working very closely with the land team.
- Carrying out site appraisals; promoting sites through the Development Plan process.
- Preparing and submitting planning applications.
- Preparation of supporting documentation such as Planning Statements and Design and Access Statements.
- Liaising with internal colleagues, the work will involve working closely with planning consultants as well as building working relationships with planning and other officers working for the Council.
- Application management, including the direct liaison and response to the comments of planning authorities and statutory consultees to ensure the successful outcome of the planning application process.
- Getting details approved for the discharge of planning conditions, including coordination of submission information with the relevant departments within the business, and then undertaking the formal application submissions and managing the application process with the local authorities through to decision.
- Assisting with the negotiation of S106 agreements with the Local Authority and legal team.
- Coordinating S106 payments for our different sites at the appropriate trigger point stage.
- Manage external consultants involved in the planning applications/promotions.
- Prepare initial planning budgets and site planning appraisals.
- Undertake community engagement.
- We operate throughout Lincolnshire from our base in Bourne as well in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Rutland, Nottinghamshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
We are looking for:
- Assistant/Graduate Planner level.
- Someone with a good understanding of local and national planning policy.
- Previous experience with a Local Authority, Housebuilder or Private Consultancy.
- Experience in Planning Policy, Development Control and project management is preferable.
- Excellent communication, time management and negotiation skills.
- Possession of driving licence and, ideally, good knowledge of the local area.
- Ability to work on their own initiative, self-manage and prioritise own workload.
- Knowledge of planning related/project management software an advantage.
- RTPI member preferable but not essential.
How to Apply
For all enquiries please email email@example.com or send a CV and letter to HR Department, Larkfleet Group, Larkfleet House, Falcon Way, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10 0FF. No agencies.
Closing date for applications is 29th October 2021.